Thursday, April 5, 2012

Happy [Early] Peaster!

Eassover?
Eassach?
Pesachter?

Either way I'm flying to Cleveland tonight to celebrate Passover with my family.  I'm super looking forward to seeing everyone....... and getting my hair cut WOOOOHOOO (yeah, that's right).  Meanwhile, many of you will celebrating Easter on Sunday.

Did you know that The Last Supper was actually a Passover Seder?  Well, it might've been:  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rev-wil-gafney-phd/was-the-last-supper-a-passover-seder_b_1392094.html

Here are some of the other things the two holidays have in common:
Hiding/Finding Things (the Afikomen / eggs)
A Feast/Large Meal with Family (OK, that's just about every holiday)
Eggs (eating (LOTS of them) / painting/hiding them)
Spring/Rebirth Themes
Personal Suffering (Lent / The Fast of the First Born)

Which reminds me - I am a First Born so technically I shouldn't be eating tomorrow.  But it's my only chance to get Dunkin' Donuts before actual Passover starts!!!  What's a girl (who lives in a city without Dunkin') to do?!?!



#160003 - Cheesecake Filled Chocolate Easter Eggs
in case you're wondering, those are filled with cheesecake







Whichever holiday you're celebrating, I hope it's lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment