Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Animals are My Best Thing [Even at Parties]

I recently attended a work party at the beautiful home of one of the executives at my company.  It was a lovely evening with perfect weather, a fantastic setting/view, kids playing in the pool, lots of great food, an awesome jazz band, a cozy fire pit once it got dark, and, of course, good company.  But the highlight of MY night was playing with the pets that live there:

Snuggling up with Nibbles
This is not the first time that I've attended a social event and have been perfectly happy spending the evening interacting with the pets and not the people.  In this case I had house-sat for the family a few times before so I was already familiar with the animals (a dog, two rabbits, two turtles, and a fish), and therefore, hopefully, this isn't as weird as it might sound.

If you know me personally I'm sure you don't find this at all surprising.  I've always been an animal lover.  You can expect to see a lot of future posts about the various organizations I support and my upcoming (but yet-to-be-planned) return trip to volunteer at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary (but I'm publishing it on my blog so now I HAVE to start planning!).  In the meantime, here are some of my all-time favorite animal videos:










(he's OK I'm sure)





Hope you enjoyed them as I much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment