Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Packing Before the Very Last Minute: NOT My Best Thing

I WISH my suitcase & belongings looked like this.  (image source: blog.difflearn.com)
I'm going on vacation on Friday!!  I can't wait - I feel like it's been a really long time since I had a true vacation.  My trips to Utah and NYC were so much fun but very busy, and because I stayed here in LA for Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Years, I feel like I didn't get to fully check out and kick back.  I've felt sluggish and not 100% ever since I got sick on New Years Day and I'm really looking forward to a week of relaxation.  I'm flying in to Fort Lauderdale on Friday night/Saturday Morning and then boarding Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas for a week-long cruise to the Carribean.  Oasis of the Seas & its sister ship, Allure of the Seas, are the largest cruise ships in existence.  Below is a little YouTube tour.


So excited!!

BUT before I can go I have to pack.  Blargles.  I tried to start a list on Monday night and got as far as:
-Sunscreen
-Dresses
-Flipflops
-Bathing suits
It's simply physically impossible for me to pack or even focus on a list any time prior to "the last minute".  My parents used to show up at BU to help move me out of the dorms at the end of a school year and be furious at my lack of packing.  The night before I left for Australia my friend from down the street had to come over and help keep me on task.  I don't know why it's such a problem - you would think that I would be so super excited that my clothes would just pack themselves.  They don't.

Also, this usually happens:

image source: gattinamycats.blogspot.com
That's not my cat, but my cat sure does like to curl up on my stuff at inopportune times.

The good news is if I forget anything I'm sure they sell anything you could possibly need on the ship.  The bad news is that it probably costs an arm and a leg.  I'll get it done, don't you worry, it may just be that I'll be running to catch my plane.  And we all know how well that goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment