Monday, February 13, 2012

In Memoriam: Whitney Houston

How Jennifer Hudson was able to keep her composure last night while singing "I Will Always Love You"  on the Grammys, I will never know.  If you missed the moving tribute performance click on this link, which will take you to an LA Times article with the video embedded.

Honestly, I don't have much to add to the conversation, just that Whitney's music was so formative to my childhood/adolescence that I remember exactly where I was when I first heard "I Will Always Love You."  And of course I, like so many girls my age, also spent an embarrassingly significant amount of time dancing around my room to "I Wanna Dance With Somebody", "How Will I Know", and other Whitney hits while holding a hairbrush like a microphone.

We'll miss you Whitney.


No comments:

Post a Comment