Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Multilingual Actors: Today's BT


We've already gone over Hot Guys with Accents.  This post is admittedly along those same lines, but with a little twist...

As I'm sure most of you are aware, Bradley Cooper was recently named "Sexiest Man Alive" by People Magazine.  Personally I think he is very handsome (the eyes! the hair! the grin!) and certainly deserving of this honor.  Did you know he was in WET HOT AMERICAN SUMMER?  I loved him in that and in WEDDING CRASHERS.  And I keep meaning to look for LIMITLESS on TV - I really wanted to see it when it came out but just never got around to it.  Anyway, he's a bona fide hottie and legit movie star.  However, I did get a huge kick out of Buzzfeed's 63 reasons why he ISN'T deserving of the People cover:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/reasons-why-bradley-cooper-is-definitely-not-the-s

You know I love me some Gosling (especially with puppies).

Buzzfeed, who is obviously Team Gosling, claimed in this article grading all the past Sexiest Man Alive covers that the only reason Bradley was awarded the title was because of a certain video of him conducting an interview entirely in French.  Unfortunately, that particular video has been taken down from YouTube due to a copyright claim, but lucky for us there are others of the same nature:


And you can see a clip of the original video from :20 - :35 here:


As annoying as the rest of that video is, I TOTALLY AGREE.  So sexy.  It's one thing to learn some lines for a role, it's another to be able to conduct an entire interview, on camera, in another language.  It's incredibly impressive to me. And it got me wondering: Which other actors are multilingual?  Lucky for us YouTube provided some answers:


Evangeline Lily speaking French


Mila Kunis speaking Russian




Natalie Portman speaking Hebrew

I actually used to be fluent in Hebrew, but I haven't spoken it in nearly 10 years so unfortunately I've lost most of it.  I keep thinking about picking up a couple classes to try to get it back, but have yet to find the time.  One of these days I'll do it!

If you know of any other actors-speaking-fluently-in-other-languages videos let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment