Thursday, November 17, 2011

Hot Trailer Thursday: IMBT!

While I was in NYC (will be posting about that and the BFAS trip next week) the new HUNGER GAMES trailer came out.  If there are any of you out there who haven't seen it (yeah right), I'll post it below, but I recommend you instead follow this link for a MUCH better quality video: http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/thehungergames/



So what do you think?  I really liked the music (composers for the movie are T-Bone Burnett and Danny Elfman.  Not sure if they did the trailer, but I'm excited to hear their score!) and the choice to include Katniss' salute to District 11 in this trailer.  It was also great fun to see Elizabeth Banks' and Stanley Tucci's looks - I think the hair and make-up folks did a smashing job.  I didn't imagine everything in the Capitol to be so clean/metallic and I also imagined Haymitch to be much more homeless-y.  I think it's the wig.  Not to say the choices aren't good, it's just different from how I imagined.  Will be officially starting a countdown to March 23rd come January 1st.

Also released this week were the two new trailers for the two new Snow White movies, MIRROR MIRROR (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1667353/) and SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN (http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/universal/snowwhiteandthehuntsman/).  Videos will also be posted below.  Let's start with HUNTSMAN:



Here we see the OTHER Hemsworth brother (Liam is "Gale" in Hunger Games), Chris a.k.a. "Thor" and he's looking HOT.  Kristen Stewart usually annoys the crap out of me, but man, this looks like a fun flick and I honestly want to know more about her character.  I would like to know a little more about her the story, but I'm willing to wait for future trailers.  P.S. Did the music sound exactly like the INCEPTION score to anybody else?  As there's no composer listed on IMDB, it's entirely possible that they licensed that piece of music for this trailer.  Curious, but either way it was a perfect fit.  Will definitely be seeing this one when it comes out.

And now on to MIRROR:


Oh boy.  Where to begin...  First, I just can't buy into Lily Collins as Snow White.  It's not that she isn't pretty - I actually can't put my finger on what it is, but I'm just not feeling her.  And while I love Julia Roberts, Nathan Lane, and LOOOOVE Armie Hammer, you can almost feel them all going "OK, I kind of can't believe I'm saying these lines but they're paying me enough so I'll play along."  And the supposed comic relief of the "dwarfs"?  Groan groan groan.  Sorry MIRROR MIRROR but you are totally the ugly stepsister to HUNTSMAN in this fairy tale battle.

But potentially more exciting than all of the above is a movie you should all have know I'd be SUPER excited about, called, quite predictably, BIG MIRACLE (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1430615/).  Here's the trailer:



Are you kidding me????  Whales AND John Krasinski???  Does it get any better than that??  Inspired by a true story (of course), BIG MIRACLE looks like the kind of movie I will have to drag Boyfriend or the roomies to, but they will all secretly enjoy it.  Also starring Drew Barrymore, Kristen Bell, Dermot Mulroney, Ted Danson and Stephen Root (of OFFICE SPACE fame) and directed by Ken Kwapis, the movie is set to be released in February.  I can't wait to see it!!!

2012 should be an exciting year at the cineplex.  What are you excited to see?


No comments:

Post a Comment