Monday, September 26, 2011

Dinosaurs + Time Travel = "Terra Nova" = My Best New Drama [hopefully]



Two of my all-time favorite movies are BACK TO THE FUTURE ("My density has brought me to you.", "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.", "If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit.") and JURASSIC PARK ("John. If the Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists.", "God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs...   Dinosaurs eat man. Woman inherits the earth...").

So you can only imagine my excitement when I first read about "Terra Nova", the new Fox superdrama (yes, I just made that word up) premiering tonight (at 8 pm!) (finally!) about a family who travels back in time to the Mesozoic era to save the world. Guess what lived in the Mesozoic era?  DINOSAURS.  (Though, fun fact, apparently not enough - I read the show is borrowing from other eras as well.)  Steven Spielberg is Exec Producing, Jack Horner is advising, the couple reviews I've read have been mostly positive, and the trailer is just awesome (though I have to admit, it does feel a lot more JP than BTTF).

Check out the show's official site HERE
Watch the trailer here:

Hold on to your butts!

No comments:

Post a Comment