Wednesday, October 5, 2011

IMBT Birthday Shoutout: My "Twin", Lisa!

Remember those aforementioned "best friends ever in life for all time infinity times infinity" who live in New York?  One of them is having a birthday today!  So I am dedicating this post to Lisa, my "twin" because we are so much alike in so many ways (except for looking nothing alike), in honor of her special day.  Lisa, I hope you have a fantastic birthday filled with lots of hugs, laughter, champagne, kitty snuggles, lemonade, and Hershey's chocolate.

Lisa and I met when she was moving into the room next door to me my freshman year of college.  She was so shy and quiet at first that I actually thought she might have been from another country.  But that didn't last long.  I've said a million times that I wish I had kept a journal in college in order to remember better now (and in the future) all the craziness (and let me tell you something - it was CRAZY that first year.  But I'll save that for another post).  We continued to live together our sophomore and junior years and would probably have done the same for senior year had I not spent that year abroad.

Since then we've managed to see each other once or twice a year, have been bridesmaids together in our BFF Laura's wedding (she's the Moe to our Larry and Curly), have traveled through England and Ireland together, and have continued to be there for each other as best we can living on opposite coasts.  Through the break-ups, break-ins, getting fired, getting hired, losing friends, losing family, and all the little stuff in-between our friendship has lasted.  And for that I am truly grateful.  Love you Twin!

at Fenway cheering on the Sox

with some of our best college buddies in Boston

wine tasting near Santa Barbara

after scoring 3rd row seats for "Rent" on Broadway

Laura's pre-wedding girls night out in Bath, England




being normal at Laura's wedding


where's the Queen?  in front of Buckingham Palace in London

being normal with the guard



on the plane to Dublin

making friends in Dublin



obligatory pints after the Guinness brewery tour



last summer in NYC

Can't wait to see you in just over a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment